The Hockey Hall of Fame
The Hockey Hall of Fame is located at 30 Yonge Street, and is one of Toronto's most visited locations. The building itself started its life in the 1885, as a Bank of Montreal branch. The bank was built in the Rococo Architecture style, and was used as their head office until 1949. The bank remained active as a local branch until 1982, when it was closed. The building itself has its own lore, with reports of " Dorothy, the ghost of a former teller who took her own life after a failed love affair"
The Hockey Hall of Fame was moved to this location in 1993, and is both a museum, and a hall of fame. In June a committee of players coaches, and committee members to select new honorees. Honorees are inducted as players, builders, or on-ice officials, and in 2010 a subcategory was established for female players.
The Hockey Hall of Fame has a total of 15 exhibit areas, in 60,000 square feet. Trophies, memorabilia and equipment worn by players are just a few thing on exhibit. The Esso Great Hall contains portraits and biographical information about every Hall of Fame honored member. The original version of the Cup, and the older rings, and all of the current National Hockey League trophies, are displayed in the banks vault. You can even take shots with real pucks at a computer simulation of goaltender Ed Belfour.
For Hockey fans or history buffs alike this attraction is a must visit, Click image to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame
Click on Image to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame