Welcome to our Toronto Landmarks page, here we will explore the many different architectural styles that our mature city has to offer. The city has taken many aspects from its cultural influences, and incorporated them into its architecture. Toronto is rich in architecture and even has its own claim to fame with the bay and gable house and The Annex style house.
Here we will explore the old as well as the new, that Toronto has to offer. Everything from the amazing architecture of the past, to the new designs of present day skyscrapers. We hope to provide a wide cross section of what Toronto has to offer.
So if you are planning to visit Toronto, or you are a resident who just wants to learn more about our city, make sure to visit this page as we will adding new content regularly.
Toronto's third city hall took three years to design from 1886 to 1889 by Edward James Lennox. Lennox also designed Casa Loma, and other buildings of note in Toronto. The city began construction in 1889, and it took over eleven years to complete, at an estimated cost of two and
St. James Cathedral is located at 65 Church Street at King street, in the heart of the city. The was designed by Frederick William Cumberland, and is in the Gothic Revival style. The construction of the Cathedral began in 1850, and the parish had its opening day ceremony on June
Allan Gardens is located at 19 Horticultural Ave, and is one of Toronto's oldest parks. It was originally founded in 1858. The existing conservatory known as the Palm House was built in 1910, to replace The Pavilion Hall, that was built in 1879, and subsequently burnt down in 1902. While
St. Lawrence Hall is located at 157 King St E, in the trendy St. Lawrence neighbourhood. The building was designed by William Thomas in 1850, who is known for his contribution to Gothic Revival architecture in Ontario. Originally the building housed a thousand seat amphitheater, and hosted concerts and public
Toronto's historic Gooderham building, located at 49 Wellington Street East, started its life as a three storey structure known as The Coffin Block Building. It's estimated that The Coffin Block was built in or around 1845 as an addition to The Wellington hotel on Church Street. The original shape of
The Hockey Hall of Fame is located at 30 Yonge Street, and is one of Toronto's most visited locations. The building itself started its life in the 1885, as a Bank of Montreal branch. The bank was built in the Rococo Architecture style, and was used as their head office
Toronto's Casa Loma (Spanish for Hill House) is located at 1 Austin Terrace, and is Toronto's own version of a castle. The building is part of Sir Henry Mill Pellatt legacy, who was a prominent Canadian financier in his time. Sir Henry brought Architect E.J. Lennox
Toronto's City Hall is located at 100 Queen Street West , and was designed by Finnish architect Viljo Revell . The uniquely shaped building is Toronto's fourth city hall, and was opened in 1965. Unfortunately the architect died just ten months before its completion. However, Viljo Revells wife was
Elgin and Winter Garden Theatres are located at 189 Yonge Street. The theatres were designed by architect Thomas W. Lamb, and are the last surviving Edwardian stacked theatres in the world. The lower theater The Elgin, was completed first in 1913, and the upper theater was opened in 1914. The
The Ontario Legislative Building located at, 111Wellesley St W, took six years to build, and was designed by Richard A. Waite. The building has five floors and is in the Richardsonian Romanesque style, a style that incorporates 11th and 12th century French, Spanish, and Italian Romanesque
Osgoode Hall is located at 130 Queen Street West, and is in the Georgian Palladian, and Neoclassical styles. Construction on the building started in 1829 and ended in 1832, and was based on a design by John Ewart and W. W. Baldwin. The building is home to the Ontario Court
R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant is located at 2701 Queen Street East. The building and additions were designed by the firms of H.G. Acres Limited and Gore and Storrie Limited. Constructed in the 1930s in the Art Deco style, and opened on November 1, 1941. With the buildings generous use